Choosing the perfect Christmas tree
When choosing between pine and spruce, keep in mind that the first will stand idle for almost a week longer than the second. But the decision, of course, is yours.
• In the girth, the trunk of a 1.5 meter Christmas tree should be at least 6 cm, a thin trunk is a sign of illness. Therefore, the thicker it is, the better. In addition, the fresh green beauty should be quite heavy, and its upper part should be lush.
• In a fresh Christmas tree, the branches are elastic - they are difficult to break, in an old tree, the branches, on the contrary, are dry and brittle.
• Carefully inspect the trunk section: if it has a dark fringe several centimeters wide, then the tree is dry.
• If the needles on the branches are oily, fragrant with resin, then the tree has been cut down recently. Dry needles mean that the tree is frostbite or old.
• Stroke the Christmas tree against the "wool". The fewer needles left in your hands, the better. Lift the tree and knock lightly on the ground. If the needles showered with prickly rain, then it is better to refuse this purchase.
I want to receive useful tips in the mail.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.